Happy New Year!


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Rio de Janeiro » Rio de Janeiro » Copacabana
December 31st 2011
Published: December 31st 2011
Edit Blog Post

Cristo RedentorCristo RedentorCristo Redentor

Us with Christ the Redeemer
Greetings from Brazil!

We have much to catch up on but we will save that for a future post... this is just a short note to wish everyone a very Happy New Year!

We spent this morning visiting the famous statue of Christ the Redeemer, which looks out over the whole city of Rio de Janeiro from the top of Morro do Corcovado. The statue (Cristo Redentor, in Portugese) is one of the New 7 Wonders of the World, and it is easy to see why. The statue is amazing and is rivaled only by the magnificent view that sweeps across all of Rio. After several rainy and/or cloudy days, we were blessed with glorious sunshine all morning, giving us the perfect conditions for our visit.

Our outing to Corcovado took up the whole morning (it is high season) so our plans for the rest of the day are as follows: relax, enjoy a nice dinner and head to Copacabana beach to ring in the new year with a few million people! Wherever you are and whatever your plans tonight, we hope you are surrounded by loved ones and have a great time celebrating the arrival of 2012.
Rio de JaneiroRio de JaneiroRio de Janeiro

Amazing view of the city!
2011 was an amazing year for us, mainly thanks to the love and support of our family and friends through our various significant life events. We are so excited to see what this new year will bring for us and those we love.

So... Happy New Year / Prospero Novo Ano!

With much love and all our wishes for a wonderful 2012,

Liz & Chris

Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0501s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb