Bye Bye BA, Hello Rio


Advertisement
Published: May 12th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Hello All,

Sorry if we have been quiet for afew days . We have been up country in Iguazu... but first let´s just record the fact that the best meal we had in BA and probably the whole trip was in El Establo - a brilliant little Parilla (Grill) restaurant that was recommeneded by Steve´s friend Shirley - thanks Shirely - it were great!
We left BA as planned on Monday early but then ran into our second problem of the trip. On arrival at Iguazu - on the Agentinian side - there was no sign of anyone to meet us. This was pre booked and paid for so you can image how we felt. Half an hour alone in a deserted airport is enough to convince you to jump in the nearest willing taxi whatever the cost... !! So we got to our hotel on the Brazilian side of Iguazu eventaully and hooked up with a guide - and we were quickly off to see the falls. The Brazil side gives you a chance to see the whole 2.7 km wide falls. It is simply jaw dropping, spectacular and way more impressive than anything we had read or heard about. Took about 100 photos each, none of which will come close to capturing this incredible place. After a freshen up back at base we went off to a local churrascaria (Brazillian BBQ)... we ate half a cow (again!) .... blimey.

Today we were up early to do the Argentine side of the falls. Here one does not get the full panorama, but you do get up close and personal to appreciate the sheer scale and power in the falls. Lots of interesting wildlife too... thousands of butterflies and delighful Coati´s who were very friendly. At one point there were about 10 trying to snuffle around inside Steve´s bag..... Cannot recommend Iguazu hightly enough. Absolutely brilliant, and definitely the high point of the trip so far.

Flight down to Rio - flight 8 out of 9 - was fine, and we were met with no issues. Right now we are in an internet Cafe round the corner from the hotel, all safe and sound, fed and watered and starting to think about the last few - well 5 actually - days of out trip. Been for a stroll along the Copa Cabana beach tonight just to ge in the mood and had good pasta... had enough cow for a while.

That´s all for now.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0275s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1021.6kb