A quick trip to paradise.


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Rio de Janeiro » Ilha Grande
September 1st 2006
Published: September 3rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

So last time i left you we were shopping it up in the dizzy heights of Curitiba...

We survived a rather posh night bus to Rio and then another bus ride down the coast before a 90 minute boat ride took us to Illa Grande. On a side note to anybody planning a night bus to anywhere...its ALL about the medicinal products. Any of the -azapam (valium) family will do and I´ve used a fair few varieties on this trip. (of note you can buy almost anything over the counter in Bolivia - much cheaper than at home, including antibiotics and antimalarials)

This was well worth the trip. Its on all the must see lists for Brazil. A small island off the coast South of Rio with jungle inland and tropical beaches surrounding it. The town itself is cute...quiet, but touristy with faux cobbled streets. We found an amazing place to eat that had frozen cocktails to die for...and we were sorted. We were staying in a cute pension that had humming birds outside the window. Amazing birds.

The next day we went snorkling , or that was the plan. The water was too green with visability of
SnorklingSnorklingSnorkling

The water really wasn´t too clear...but a gorgeous colour
only 2m or so, so snrkling became swimming. It was beautiful though. We went to a place called the blue lagoon for some swimming, beach footie and just chilling. i was introduced to the drink Caipirinha. This is the drink that the girls from Sex and the city moved onto after the cosmopolitan grew old.

Recipe;
1 lime

2 ounces of cachaça

Sugar to taste

Ice cubes

Wash the lime and roll it on the board to loosen the juices. Cut the lime into pieces and place them in a glass. Sprinkle with the sugar and crush the pieces (pulp side up) with a pestle. Just enough to release the juice, otherwise it'll get bitter. Add the cachaça and stir to mix. Add the ice and stir again. It is delicious and potent!

After playing some international 2 touch keepie upie on the beach it was time to go home. The atlantic forrest was thick and lush, the beaches whitegolden and the water an amazing bluey green.

After another evening at the cocktail place some of us (the girls) went for an early night to prepare for Rio...This was foiled by the boys coming back late and drunk and haveing a loud argument with the hotel owner....ahhh boys.

The next morning it was raining so a perfect day to travel to Rio...The final destination on this trip...not a bad way to finish! Till the last blog...




Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Beaches Beaches
Beaches

Pristine sand


3rd September 2006

maybe it's time you come home.
Awful lot of photos of girls in bikinis! Yeah, well, I'm about to go to Sylvan lake today so you're not the only one hanging out on gorgeous beaches ; )
3rd September 2006

beaches...
Ok so I am back at school now which makes looking at these pictures of the fabulous beach REALLY hard!!!! I am sooooo jealous. Thanks for the recipe though, sounds like it could get me through a really tough day since valium is a little harder to get a hold of here in Canada (or maybe I just don't know the right people).

Tot: 0.12s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 17; qc: 72; dbt: 0.0757s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb