Pipa


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Rio Grande do Norte » Pipa
October 25th 2007
Published: March 2nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

After yet more travel combinations, bus, metro, bus, mini bus, we’d arrived in a little beach town called Praia da Pipa. A few people had recommended this place to us so we were looking forward to it. We eventually found our little pousada which we had pre booked on the internet for 12 pound a night, which was cheap as it had a/c, t.v and breakfast included so were glad to get decent value for money for a change.

The town is a strange place, the main street is lined with posh boutiques, with some very expensive items even for U.K prices! Lots of nice restaurants and a decent nightlife, but under all that glitz is a nice laid back feel. We ate well every night, lots of seafood unsurprisingly and the best pizza place in South America, Caligula’s and that is saying something coming from us as we eat a lot of pizza! All at very cheap prices which was a surprise after seeing all those posh shops.

The best thing about this place is the beaches. At low tide there are lots of warm, shallow pools and we would just float and relax for a couple of hours. After that we walked to, Dolphin Bay, aptly named as dolphins regularly swim in this area. It was great to watch them hunting as you would see shoals of fish jumping out of the water to escape. We saw mothers and calf’s swimming within 10m or so. We tried to swim with them but they wasn‘t interested even with me pretending to swim like a dolphin and making noises and everything!

We spent 5 days here as it was so nice and spent everyday lazing about, reading, lying on beaches and then trying to get the dolphins to play with us!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Tidal poolsTidal pools
Tidal pools

Lounging in the warm pools. No, its not Shells muff!


Tot: 0.184s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 22; qc: 106; dbt: 0.1164s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb