Natal, The Buggies


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Rio Grande do Norte » Natal
January 28th 2009
Published: February 7th 2009
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: The Flying Fox Swing 18 secs
2: Sand Boarding 49 secs
3: Jules & I Tobogenning 34 secs
So wednesday Jules and I got up and were driven around the sand dunes in a buggy. I know it´s not very environmental but it was heaps fun!! He drove really fast up, down and around corners. I tried to make some movies but they are really shaky and you can´t really see how steep it is because it´s all just sand against sand..

We stoped on the way and these kids were holding some lizards and monkey (to show tourists in the hope of some money) man the monkey was so small, he di´n´t stay still for a moment running up and down peoples arms. Jules wouldn´t go near the lizard but I held it. It was so green.

We also stoped at the top of a dune. Jules got really thirsty and drank a really big beer (skol) I don´t know want was in it but then she shank to about half her size, check it out the photos... Nah just joking!!! It´s just playing with the foreground/distance.

We then stoped and had a go of sand boarding (same as snow boarding but on the sand).. Jules fell down a couple of times but I did
The BuggiesThe BuggiesThe Buggies

The streets of Natal
it like a pro. (a very shaky one) we also had a go at aero something (basically a flying fox that lands in the water). Then we tried bunda something (which is a board that you sit on and slide down the dune into the water). They were all really fun!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement

The BeerThe Beer
The Beer

We thought we might get thirsty in the dunes, so we took a beer with us!!
Jules got thirstyJules got thirsty
Jules got thirsty

She said just one beer!!!!!
The CamelsThe Camels
The Camels

With Jules and I
The ferryThe ferry
The ferry

They had a ferry for the buggies, but it was pushed across the river by men
The LagoonThe Lagoon
The Lagoon

This place was really cool to relax. They have tables and chairs in the water!!
The Flying FoxThe Flying Fox
The Flying Fox

This was a long swing like flying fox that you sit in and slide into the water..
Sand TobogenningSand Tobogenning
Sand Tobogenning

This is the hill that we slid down into the water.. This was really cool, check out the video!!!
NatalNatal
Natal

Was the view from the bridge, overlooking Natal.. Our hotel was right on the beach!!


Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0451s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb