Day 7 – Departing Manaus to Foz Do Iguacu


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Paraná » Foz do Iguaçu
June 15th 2012
Published: June 17th 2012
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: She has some moves 35 secs
Today started VERY early with a 4AM departure from the lodge to the airport in Manaus. As it seems the travel agents do not know how long it takes to get to the airport, we were there 2.5 hours before our flight. Not what we wanted at 4AM. So we had plenty of time to find our gates and grab some breakfast. We had a 4 hour flight to Sao Paulo and then another 90 minutes to Iguacu Falls. Seemed like we should have been in another country, but Brazil is very large so not a lot different than flying from east coast to west coast in the US. We arrived around 3PM to sunny beautiful weather in Iguacu, which was nice as they had freezing weather the week before. Our hotel is very nice with a huge pool, swim up bar and work out room. (Thank goodness because Betty is driving us nuts without one). We all enjoyed the facilities and even worked out (real work out with sweat and all) for an hour or so. The rooms have a full size bed and twin bed. Chester and Kirsten always rock-paper-scissors for the big bed. Much to Chester’s chagrin, Kirsten won again. She’s up about 7-1 in these situations.

We did decide to go to a local show for dinner. Kirsten and Chester were a bit skeptical as in the past these have been either really good or completely cheesy like a bad Vegas lounge show. Well we lucked out and this show was really enjoyable. It displayed great music from all over Latin America. Tons of dancing, music, singing and entertainment. We think there were a lot of jokes in the show as well, but couldn’t understand a thing since it was in Portuguese. The food, although it was a buffet, was quite good. And as you can image since we didn’t have breakfast and only a dry sandwich on the plane for lunch, we ate way too much. But we worked out so it didn’t matter, right?


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



18th June 2012

Happy Birthday
Ann, Happy Birthday! Looks like you are having fun with the exception of the cobra. Love Jill and Paul

Tot: 0.138s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0874s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb