Foz do Iguacu - Brazil (24th - 26th)


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Paraná » Foz do Iguaçu
June 26th 2007
Published: June 26th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in a cold (by Brazilian standards) and wet Foz Do Iguacu around 11am on the morning of the 24th after a 16 hour bus ride from Campo Grande. Needless to say we were pretty knackered from the previous weeks excursions and so set about finding ourselves a hotel sharpish. We ended up at the Hotel del Rey which was very smart, if a little expensive, and after making a few enquries about visiting the falls, crashed out for the rest of the day. We had hoped to visit the falls using the cheapest way possible, but to see it from the Argentine side (best) sounded like a bit of a mission and so we took the easy option and booked ourselves on a tour.

The falls were incredible! We´ve seen a few waterfalls on this trip and in all honesty grown tired of seeing them (they all look much the same) but this really was something else and you couldn´t help but be impressed. The weather was pretty drab and so they weren´t at their best, but still they certainly didn´t disappoint. At one point the sun came out aswell and a rainbow formed across the falls. There were also loads of wild Guinea Pigs running all over the place which was quite amusing. While on the animals, there were also several packs of South American Coatis foraging around which are always good fun. They´ve become accustomed to people feeding them and so when they don´t, they turn nasty..hahahaha. Fortunately we had some food to hand and spared ourselves a coati attack.

We opted to view the falls from the Argentine side and in hindsight we´re glad we did. There appeared to be much more to see from this side and you could really make a day of it, which isn´t the case on the Brazilian side.

The following day we had a decent lay in before leaving for the airport at 2pm and catching the 5pm ish flight to Rio, which quite miraculously left on time!



Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0445s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb