3 countries in 24 hours


Advertisement
Published: July 26th 2011
Edit Blog Post

After much debate, we decided to opt for the helicopter ride over a boat ride in the falls. So, $180 lighter, we enjoyed spectacular views over the falls for 10 minutes. Holly being a little nervous chose to go in the front seat so had the benefits of a see-through floor. Got some great photos - some are attached to the previous blog entry. In the afternoon, we popped over to Paraguay (as you do) with our hostel friend Tom for a bit of a mooch at the supposedly low cost electronics, but mainly for the stamp in the passport - carried in our pants to avoid pickpocketing. Rather hot, we arrived back at our hostel for a few card games before heading out to a per kilo restaurant, much better for the waistline than all you can eat! A few more card games with vino and caiprinhas before bed. Almost a lie in this morning, before checking out, but still remaining at the hostel today before our 6pm coach to Campo Grande. We have just booked a Pantanal tour for the next 4 days, ending on Saturday, so we probably won´t have internet while we are on Safari, horseback riding and piranha fishing. We will head to Corumba on Saturday afternoon, chill out for a couple of days ahead of our flight to Bolivia on Monday.

Hopefully we will blog next week, assuming we still have both our arms after the boat trip down the alligator and piranha river! xxxx

Advertisement



26th July 2011

Wow!
Amazing photos! Good to see you at last. It all looks so colourful. Love the rainbows over the falls. Who's the lady with you by the helicopter? You both look very well, and suntanned too. Is this turning into the holiday of a lifetime or what? All these new experiences! Still another five weeks to go... Enjoy the Safari. Don't dangle your feet over the edge of the boat, and we look forward to hearing from you after Saturday. xx

Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0504s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb