Iguazu Falls


Advertisement
Published: October 4th 2010
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Iguazu Falls 19 secs

So... on Wednesday, I had my only day off that I'm going to have before the Christmas holidays. Did I decide to have a nice relaxing day? Of course not... off to Brazil I went!

The waterfalls are AMAZING. The suspense is slowly built up before you see them. One bus from Foz do Iguacu to the park, another bus when in the park to the start of the trail, on the bus you can see the spray from the waterfalls hitting the windscreen, then you can hear this thunderous sound in the distance... get off the bus, walk a little bit, and there is your first view of the waterfalls...

This first view is from quite a distance, and as you walk around the path there are various viewing platforms as you get closer and closer to the waterfalls. The last of these is built right over the middle of the river, and you get SOAKING wet from the spray of the waterfalls. Take a waterproof... or if you're my friend Joel, just take your clothes off. Haha.

The waterfalls are not the only thing to see. There are so many different types of beautiful butterflies all around the falls in so many amazingly bright colours. Birds too, although these are more difficult to see amongst all the trees and pretty flowers that grow really thick up to the path side. Be careful if you don't like spiders, because these are all over the place too, not big ones though. The milipedes however, are MASSIVE, and there are so many of them!

Other wildlife... well unfortunately there were no coatis, which I really wanted to see! Oh well, I'll just have to go back another time! 😊 And I did see a monkey run across the road in front of the bus... it was too quick for me to get a photo though.

Definitely worth a visit!! 😊



For those who may want details...

I went from the terminal in Asunción, with the bus company NSA which has many buses running throughout the day to Ciudad del Este and takes about 5 hours. No food is given on the bus, so take some. The buses are comfortable and have toilets so that is no problem. Also you can see some of the beautiful Paraguayan countryside on the way. It cost 73, 000 gs which is about £10.

I didn't stay in Ciudad del Este as it was a whistle stop tour really! I got a taxi straight from the bus station across the bridge to Brazil and the hotel. You do have to ask taxi drivers to stop at the border to get your passport stamped if you need it doing like I did, however if you're just returning back to Paraguay it isn't necessary.

I stayed in an ok hotel , really good breakfast, really close to the bus station to get buses to the national park.

The bus to the park costs 2.20 reals and takes about half an hour. It goes to the airport first so make sure you don't mistake this for the entrance to the national park! Entry to the park costs 39 reals as a foreigner and there are different prices for Mercosur nationals and Brazilians.


That is all! 😊



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.14s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0472s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb