Iguazu Falls- Day 1


Advertisement
Published: December 8th 2008
Edit Blog Post

So from the mountains to the tropics.... palm trees, mosquitoes, heat, and HUGE waterfalls!!!! After another 18 hours overnight bus ride we (Gabriela, the Spanish teacher from BA and I) arrived in Puerto Iguazu on the Argentinian side. And since we arrived early in the morning, after we checked into our hostel, (Marco Polo Hostel, highly recommend it) we figured we use the day to first visit the cataratas (waterfalls) on the Brazilian side. The Brazilian side is a lot smaller then the Argentinian, yet nevertheless just as stunning. The panoramic views are breathtaking and although these falls are a lot different compared to Victoria Falls in Africa, I do think that they compare in their ability to make one awestruck at the power of the water and the spectacular natural setting! The sub-tropical climate creates a contrast of colors, green trees, blue skies, white foaming water, and lot's of colorful butterflies everywhere that makes on think that you are in a bit of a wonderland. Now i think that these pictures again tell only part of the story, because the sound of the water and the mist that gets blown up on the paths really make the experience real....but I still love looking at the pictures as well , so enjoy and wait till you see the ones from Argentina!

Adios


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Devil's ThroatDevil's Throat
Devil's Throat

from Brazilian side


Tot: 0.131s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 19; qc: 62; dbt: 0.0802s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb