Background: Following three centuries under the rule of Portugal, Brazil became an independent nation in 1822. By far the largest and most populous country in South America, Brazil overcame more than half a century of military intervention in the governance of the country when in 1985 the military regime peacefully ceded power to civilian rulers. Brazil continues to pursue industrial and agricultural growth and development of its interior. Exploiting vast natural resources and a large labor pool, it is today South America's leading economic power and a regional leader. Highly unequal income distribution remains a pressing problem.
Photos from Ouro Preto
Blogs from Ouro Preto
Latest Blogs from Ouro Preto
- August 31st 2012 On the trail for black gold and following in Jack, Hurley and Sawyers footsteps to "The Island"
by Words: 1212 Photos: 2
- January 25th 2011 Oi tía!
by Words: 588 Photos: 0
- January 10th 2011 Precious memories from Ouro Preto
by Words: 245 Photos: 11
- October 16th 2010 Ouro Preto, Colonial Gem
by Words: 855 Photos: 34
- August 19th 2010 Stop 2: Ouro Preto
by Words: 287 Photos: 7
- July 2nd 2010 Beautiful Ouro Preto and Mariana
by Words: 696 Photos: 23
- March 5th 2010 Photo's - Ouro Preto
by Words: 34 Photos: 7
- January 21st 2010 gullgruver og raanere
by Words: 426 Photos: 0
- January 21st 2010 Ouro Preto
by Words: 4 Photos: 18
- September 25th 2009 Black Gold in Brazil
by Words: 1175 Photos: 30
- February 26th 2009 Argentinian wine makers, bolivan drug barons,a tale of suspension and one big mission!!
by Words: 1293 Photos: 0
- February 25th 2009 Minas da Passagem
by Words: 13 Photos: 16
- February 25th 2009 Passagem- prvni vodopady
by Words: 33 Photos: 18
- February 24th 2009 Ouro Preto
by Words: 9 Photos: 33
- February 13th 2009 Brazil - Ouro Preto
by Words: 344 Photos: 55
- February 9th 2009 The Return to Casa Grande
by Words: 532 Photos: 8
- January 15th 2009 The city of Black Gold
by Words: 825 Photos: 8
- January 13th 2009 O beija flor and other little birds
by Words: 211 Photos: 7
- January 12th 2009 A Cidade Maravilhosa...
by Words: 595 Photos: 0
- December 18th 2008 Auf nach Ouro Preto!
by Words: 6 Photos: 30