Belo Horizonte... home of the homeless!


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Minas Gerais » Belo Horizonte
January 20th 2009
Published: January 20th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Yesterday we finally escaped from the clutches of Domingos Martins. It took us 10 hours to get to belo horizonte, driving through some of the most beautiful scenery... it was a bit of a shock last night to get here after all that lush nature. its a busy city, run down and more homeless people than ive ever seen. they will come into a cafe to beg and no-one seems to mind. They must make a mint!! stayed here last night and today we´re wasting time before we get on a night bus (24hr journey!) to Campa Grande.

It is absolutely bucketing it down... we got stuck under the awning of a cafe in this picturesque park for about an hour because the rain was too hard... and we´re weather trained welshies! Imagine how the brazilians were coping!

To be honest, we´re both getting a bit fed up with Brazil. Its not atall how we expected and we´re both feeling abit disappointed. The people arent as nice as we were expecting either. We keep getting put in awkward positions because we will ask someone something but they are so proud that even if the dont know the answer, they´ll just make it up! its a bit frustrating to say the least!

Anyway, Bolivia is beckoning and hopefully we´ll have some good times in Brazil before we get there.

xx


Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0436s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb