Background: Following three centuries under the rule of Portugal, Brazil became an independent nation in 1822. By far the largest and most populous country in South America, Brazil overcame more than half a century of military intervention in the governance of the country when in 1985 the military regime peacefully ceded power to civilian rulers. Brazil continues to pursue industrial and agricultural growth and development of its interior. Exploiting vast natural resources and a large labor pool, it is today South America's leading economic power and a regional leader. Highly unequal income distribution remains a pressing problem.
Blogs from Mato Grosso
Latest Blogs from Mato Grosso
- May 21st 2013 Cuiaba, we made it after 70 hours...
by Words: 749 Photos: 0
- March 6th 2013 94 diena. Urvas
by Words: 499 Photos: 0
- March 5th 2013 93 diena. Tinklinis.
by Words: 162 Photos: 1
- March 4th 2013 92 diena. Plaukiojimas su žuvim
by Words: 366 Photos: 1
- March 2nd 2013 91 diena. Pasienis
by Words: 470 Photos: 1
- October 28th 2012 Pantanal deel twee
by Words: 1024 Photos: 15
- October 26th 2012 Pantanal deel 1
by Words: 1856 Photos: 13
- March 25th 2012 Fazenda San Francisco - third day
by Words: 728 Photos: 0
- March 24th 2012 Fazenda San Francisco - Second day
by Words: 693 Photos: 0
- March 23rd 2012 On to Fazenda San francisco
by Words: 395 Photos: 2
- October 11th 2011 Pantanal
by Words: 19 Photos: 17
- August 24th 2011 Brazil
by Words: 1762 Photos: 9
- June 18th 2011 Jaguar Tracking
by Words: 533 Photos: 5
- June 15th 2011 The Pantanal!
by Words: 421 Photos: 5
- February 28th 2011 The Pantanal - mosquitoes and more mosquitoes
by Words: 604 Photos: 21
- October 12th 2010 Rio to the Pantanal!!
by Words: 578 Photos: 13
- October 12th 2010 The Pantanal....a few photos!!
by Words: 757 Photos: 44
- October 10th 2010 BONITO
by Words: 91 Photos: 0
- September 28th 2010 Diary of a couple of swamp dwellers
by Words: 907 Photos: 39
- October 27th 2009 Anaconda´s, piranha´s and millions of bloody bugs
by Words: 1138 Photos: 31