Background: Following three centuries under the rule of Portugal, Brazil became an independent nation in 1822. By far the largest and most populous country in South America, Brazil overcame more than half a century of military intervention in the governance of the country when in 1985 the military regime peacefully ceded power to civilian rulers. Brazil continues to pursue industrial and agricultural growth and development of its interior. Exploiting vast natural resources and a large labor pool, it is today South America's leading economic power and a regional leader. Highly unequal income distribution remains a pressing problem.
Photos from Campo Grande
No Start a Travel Diary Free Travel Blog Site
Blogs from Campo Grande
Latest Blogs from Campo Grande
- December 8th 2012 Campo Grande and the Pantanal
by Words: 1015 Photos: 31
- October 11th 2011 Campo Grande
by Words: 21 Photos: 69
- April 21st 2011 To Foz or not to Foz? Our luck runs out!
by Words: 834 Photos: 0
- March 10th 2011 Recovery town
by Words: 179 Photos: 5
- May 2nd 2010 Brazil - Campo Grande
by Words: 7 Photos: 0
- September 30th 2009 Pantanal
by Words: 2176 Photos: 29
- June 17th 2009 Good friends, Great people. Cave diving, And painful combat! :)
by Words: 2888 Photos: 40
- June 13th 2009 Campo Grande and 225 pictures!
by Words: 548 Photos: 0
- June 13th 2009 Gateway to the Pantanal
by Words: 150 Photos: 0
- May 28th 2009 Campo Grande...Cowboy vs Caiman
by Words: 876 Photos: 26
- May 21st 2009 The Pantanal!!
by Words: 959 Photos: 41
- March 6th 2009 Rio de Janeiro - Campo Grande (and the Pantanal)
by Words: 936 Photos: 0
- February 26th 2009 quick catch up...
by Words: 1036 Photos: 6
- January 22nd 2009 24hr bus journey and we´re still alive!
by Words: 342 Photos: 0
- December 30th 2008 Tudo pronto!!!
by Words: 145 Photos: 0
- December 30th 2008 Onde estou???!!!
by Words: 67 Photos: 0
- December 4th 2008 pantanal sud
by Words: 224 Photos: 7
- November 27th 2008 silence radio
by Words: 115 Photos: 0
- May 25th 2008 Im a celebrity
by Words: 356 Photos: 0
- March 1st 2008 Heading for the Pantanal
by Words: 55 Photos: 0