Strange times in domingos martins...


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Espírito Santo » Vitória
January 18th 2009
Published: January 18th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hello!
here we go again.... not much has happened since we last blogged. we are 42km west of Vitoria in a small mountain town called domingos martins, the beddgelert of brazil! if we thought the rest of brazil was too civilized then its nothing compared to this place! you have to wipe your feet before leaving your hotel!!! theres a big german influence here which just makes the whole experince very strange, the whole town is chalet like and ahs the oddest christmas deco´s... they have made their own wooden christmas tree in the square!! still have not found any waterfalls or incredible walks... infact, the town is tucked between high peaks and cliffs so im guessing the only way is up up up! And the way we were feeling yesterday after going out ´brazilian style´ on friday night, we were barely up for getting out of the hotel room! blurgh!
anyway, both feeling a little off and cant wait to get to bolivia and on the backpacker trail so we can meet some like-minded people. The language barrier is very difficult as the state of Espirito Santo is renowned for not having many english speakers... so far the phrase book just doesnt cut it and the pronounciation changes so much depending on area, age etc. that most of the time they dont understand us anyway. sign language is definitely the way forward!
Heading to Belo Horizonte tomorrow, that means 8+ hours on a bus for us.
Hope everyone at home is well and happy x

Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0376s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb