Brazil - Part 2


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Ceará » Jericoacoara
October 3rd 2008
Published: October 3rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Jeri 1Jeri 1Jeri 1

A hippi town in the sand dunes

Jericoacoara



"Jeri" - As we switched from the bus to 4WD and headed into the sand dunes towards Jeri, Frank looked around and commented "this must be the most remote I have ever been..." and it certainly did feel like that, knowing that the little town was surrounded by sand on all sides!

Jeri is a hippi town and a destination for windsurfers or kitesurfers and not the idyllic swimming and sun bathing beaches we had hoped for. Given we only had a few days it wasnt really long enough to have lessons in either, so we took advantage of the cool cafes, bars and relaxed in hammocks....

A full day dune buggy ride was great fun....although on the way back we were driving into the wind and the force of the sand was so strong you had to close your eyes the whole way and by the end of it we both had wind burn and sand in our eyes for days! We had fund riding down the dunes on sleds and can you believe it had lobster for lunch at 3 pounds each!!!!




Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



10th October 2008

"South America?!!" in Newman-style voice
Hi guys. Looks like you're having heaps of fun in South America! Mitch loved it too. Can't wait for you to get back to Oz to tell us all about it.

Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0512s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb