Up the coast we go


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Bahia » Salvador
June 13th 2012
Published: June 13th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Pets for salePets for salePets for sale

This just down the road on the beach from our Hotel, they looekd small.
Here we go with a few more photos, Clare and I had a very quiet day yesterday, just watched movies and read our books. It was the first day we had not done anything so it was nice - mind you.

Today we went wuith Francesco up the coast to the Tamar turtle project, Praia do forte, which was really good. They have been open since 1984 and since then have managed to save or I believe breed 11,000,000 turtles which is really quite impressive. They have vaiety of big ones to look st which are sadly swimming in smallish pools, but we gather after a year they are released back to the ocean. Enjoy the photos.

We are off early to Rio tomorrow so the next update will be from Copocabana!

Just a note - last night I phoned Sharon to see how Mum was and guess who I spoke to - Mum. She was much better, can even go on small walks. Glad to know Mum is improving.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Big lensBig lens
Big lens

Yes I hooked the big lens up and then pointed it out the window, this lady is possibly wearing a bikini that is too small, but here they are bold and proud - good on them but I am still not going to wear speedos
LighthouseLighthouse
Lighthouse

When we went out to dinner we took a few photos at night - had to be careful who was around as while there are many police it is still wise to be careful flashing my camera
Free foodFree food
Free food

The crowds gathered outside our hotel early, at least 5 a.m. with loud fireworks, they were gathering because it is St Antonio's day and the church gives away free food. It was a bit of a madhouse and the police were few to start with but rapidly grew in number - apparently the rich people pay for the food so the poor people can get a free feed.
River MouthRiver Mouth
River Mouth

We went to one of the northern beaches, this actually looking back into the mouth of the river. It had a bar which could not be crossed unless it was very calm. Anyway here is the mob.
Wild MonkeysWild Monkeys
Wild Monkeys

They are very cute, they were in the trees on the way to the river mouth
SponsorSponsor
Sponsor

The sanctuary is sponsored by one of the big petrol companies.
Proud SignProud Sign
Proud Sign

Here is the sign indicating their success
Fancy LoosFancy Loos
Fancy Loos

These are at the turtle sanctuary, painted by our guides brother
TurtleTurtle
Turtle

Likely about thirty years old


13th June 2012
Big lens

Wonderful!
Am so loving 'travelling' with you all :) I remember Brazil and the 'big' bodies on the beach - loud, proud and tattooed! Sad about the little pets for sale... but it looks like you are having a wonderful time! So Jealous!!!
14th June 2012
Big lens

Rio
It is tough, I am sitting here in the evening looking out over the beach and it is actually quite cool - low twenties! We should see more beach babes tonight
18th June 2012

Loved This Place
You have to love Salvador. Really. It's one of the most beautiful places ever! And its vibe it's simply wonderful. Lovely people, awesome beaches and very good hostels. I, personally had a great staying at Alpha, a very cozy place (with hot showers!) and spent all of my days in Porto da Barra, a fascinating beach nearby. Oh, the Lighthouse! So wonderful at night! Hope everybody have the chance someday to have the shrimps in Santo Antonio's. Hugs!!!

Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 6; qc: 47; dbt: 0.065s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb