Background: Following three centuries under the rule of Portugal, Brazil became an independent nation in 1822. By far the largest and most populous country in South America, Brazil overcame more than half a century of military intervention in the governance of the country when in 1985 the military regime peacefully ceded power to civilian rulers. Brazil continues to pursue industrial and agricultural growth and development of its interior. Exploiting vast natural resources and a large labor pool, it is today South America's leading economic power and a regional leader. Highly unequal income distribution remains a pressing problem.
Photos from Porto Seguro
Blogs from Porto Seguro
Latest Blogs from Porto Seguro
- April 30th 2012 Porto Seguro
by Words: 581 Photos: 1
- October 22nd 2011 Beachside Bahia
by Words: 881 Photos: 0
- March 1st 2011 Trancoso
by Words: 104 Photos: 4
- January 6th 2011 Porto Seguro wasn't that seguro after all
by Words: 522 Photos: 0
- February 26th 2010 Trancoso - Tropical Beaches, Sun-bathing and Ultimate Relaxation.
by Words: 1417 Photos: 12
- February 18th 2009 Jacuma - Trancoso
by Words: 425 Photos: 0
- December 9th 2008 In search of...
by Words: 1035 Photos: 4
- March 18th 2008 Trancoso - The Perfect Beach?
by Words: 473 Photos: 13
- January 1st 2008 New Year in Caraiva
by Words: 21 Photos: 32
- July 15th 2007 13. Paula takes a holiday from her holiday; the Nicks head north
by Words: 3925 Photos: 57
- March 21st 2007 The missing link 2
by Words: 42 Photos: 9
- March 21st 2007 The missing link
by Words: 26 Photos: 17
- February 17th 2007 Escape to Boi Peba Island
by Words: 716 Photos: 13
- February 9th 2007 Porto Seguro and Arrial d Ajuba
by Words: 767 Photos: 10
- February 8th 2007 where the sexual and once forbidden Lambada was born
by Words: 648 Photos: 4
- January 10th 2007 Porto Seguro - where the portugese first set foot in Brazil!
by Words: 743 Photos: 14
- August 26th 2006 the journey home begins
by Words: 419 Photos: 0
- July 24th 2006 You can´t win them all
by Words: 669 Photos: 7
- March 28th 2006 So much for detox...
by Words: 1461 Photos: 12
- March 13th 2006 Carnaval!
by Words: 878 Photos: 0