Morro de Sao Paulo


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Bahia » Morro de São Paulo
February 2nd 2009
Published: February 2nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Heisann!

After spending a great weekend on the island Morro de Sao Paulo, we are finally back at our casa. Morro de Sao Paulo is an island 2,5 h by boat south of Salvador. The island has only dirt roads and is known as a typical tourist island for people from all over south america.

We took a catamaran boat out to the island on friday and planned on staying there for two nights. A plan that went through. The boattrip over was pretty hard considering we went out the day before and that we of course forgot to eat before we got on to the boat. When we arrived, and after some food, we luckily were able to get a room wit A/C, so for the first time since my arrival I had really good nights sleep.

On the island we made many new friends from all over the world, norwegians, americans, germans, croatians, argentinians and of course brazilians. On a small island the pace is low and everybody has time to talk to everybody. A great atmosphere we all can learn from.

During our days on the island we did some snorkling, played volleyball and football(soccer), walked on the beach, danced till dawn and drank great drinks with fresh fruits... Fruits I have never seen before were tested out ! On an island we no clocks, you live after the sun and go to bed whenever you feel like it. In our case after having a hamburger and watching the sunset with our new amigos.

The trip back was once again tuff, but this time since there where big waves and we had been out 3 days in a row. I did manage to read out a book during the weekend to, so I'm quite happy with that too! Tomorrow there is a festival on a beach close by, so just have psych myself up to go out again. This time we are celebrating some virgin coming up from the sea. Who knows what that means??? They told us we have to be happy and dance, I'm not good at multitasking, so I'll go for one at a time....

Talk to you soon!

-Jon, who is getting used to Kristian's nervous "shakes" when he sleeps on trips....




Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0192s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb