Paradise on Earth!


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Bahia » Lençóis
August 23rd 2006
Published: August 23rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Ahhh!!! I found heaven on earth, and it is called Chapada Diamantina! From a very charming town, Lencois, remaining from the diamond mining era, I took a 3-day hike in to the natural reserve - 3 days filled with stunning views, waterfalls, swimming and diving, rivers, hiking, wild animals and sleeping in caves.
It all started last Friday when Team Blonde (named by the only brunette in the group) went on a 3-day hike with Augosto and Serginho (ahhh... another one of those unbelievably gorgeous Brazilian hunks that you can't stop staring at) in Chapada Diamantina. The first day we started out by seeing Cachoeira da Fumaca (Smokey Waterfall) from above, sliding out on a rock, watching the amazing waterfall, the water disappearing in the wind before it travels the 420 m down to the pool underneath. The rest of the day was spent walking, with frequent stops to swim in natural pools, dive from cliffs and shower in waterfalls.
The second day offered a view of the same waterfall, but this time from below. Then the hike continued through amazing vegetation, splendid views and other pools and water falls.
After a night sleeping in a cave, we finally arrived during the third day to Riberão do Meio, a natural waterslide with more swimming and sunbathing. Ahhh, good life with fun people!
The stay in Chapada Diamantina got the perfect ending on Monday when Team Blonde decided to go rapelling and to watch the sunset from Morro Pai Inàcio.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0699s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb