Background: Following three centuries under the rule of Portugal, Brazil became an independent nation in 1822. By far the largest and most populous country in South America, Brazil overcame more than half a century of military intervention in the governance of the country when in 1985 the military regime peacefully ceded power to civilian rulers. Brazil continues to pursue industrial and agricultural growth and development of its interior. Exploiting vast natural resources and a large labor pool, it is today South America's leading economic power and a regional leader. Highly unequal income distribution remains a pressing problem.
Blogs from Itacaré
Latest Blogs from Itacaré
- November 18th 2012 The norm of my life as it stands...
by Words: 1173 Photos: 19
- July 25th 2012 Itacare or should we say Itacastay... ;)
by Words: 1825 Photos: 21
- July 23rd 2012 A moment in Brazilian time....
by Words: 1767 Photos: 9
- June 9th 2012 2 full moons & a new job
by Words: 1833 Photos: 9
- April 27th 2012 Dear Diary...
by Words: 1192 Photos: 39
- April 2nd 2012 I’ve been to somewhere NOT in the Lonely Planet book
by Words: 1294 Photos: 61
- February 11th 2012 Itacare - Beautiful Bahian Beach Town
by Words: 1296 Photos: 23
- February 11th 2012 Travel Day - Salvador to Itacare
by Words: 794 Photos: 8
- January 12th 2011 A Brazilian Christmas
by Words: 2597 Photos: 6
- February 24th 2010 journeys
by Words: 26 Photos: 159
- May 18th 2009 Funky Itacare, Brasil
by Words: 672 Photos: 15
- March 11th 2009 Itacaré recovery time
by Words: 1070 Photos: 35
- January 25th 2009 Bom dia do Brasil!
by Words: 353 Photos: 6
- January 15th 2009 Life´s a beach in Brazil!
by Words: 297 Photos: 13
- December 29th 2008 Itacare, Brazil
by Words: 3361 Photos: 4
- December 24th 2008 Journey to Itacare
by Words: 353 Photos: 0
- July 25th 2008 Itacaré
by Words: 42 Photos: 0
- July 10th 2008 Itacaré
by Words: 182 Photos: 3
- March 14th 2008 Itacare Beaches, more beaches!
by Words: 219 Photos: 11
- September 30th 2007 A gaily journey and blast in the past
by Words: 1040 Photos: 26