Background: Following three centuries under the rule of Portugal, Brazil became an independent nation in 1822. By far the largest and most populous country in South America, Brazil overcame more than half a century of military intervention in the governance of the country when in 1985 the military regime peacefully ceded power to civilian rulers. Brazil continues to pursue industrial and agricultural growth and development of its interior. Exploiting vast natural resources and a large labor pool, it is today South America's leading economic power and a regional leader. Highly unequal income distribution remains a pressing problem.
Blogs from Tabatinga
Latest Blogs from Tabatinga
- February 3rd 2012 Brazil..No Visa..Score!!
by Words: 63 Photos: 18
- May 31st 2011 Tabatinga to Manaus - Amazon Boat Trip
by Words: 1409 Photos: 49
- May 13th 2011 Sailing Down the Amazon
by Words: 1369 Photos: 52
- February 2nd 2011 Brazil and Colombia
by Words: 1261 Photos: 0
- July 13th 2010 Amazon River Cruise - Peru to Brazil
by Words: 1623 Photos: 10
- February 21st 2009 le voyage c est termine a san antonio
by Words: 207 Photos: 0
- November 6th 2008 The Great Amazon Adventure
by Words: 3883 Photos: 24
- July 19th 2008 Amazon Boat Trip!
by Words: 3530 Photos: 14
- July 18th 2007 Steaming up the Amazon
by Words: 1758 Photos: 21