Manaus, Brasil - Amazon Day Trip


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Amazonas » Manaus
June 21st 2014
Published: July 22nd 2014
Edit Blog Post

Finally a day without soccer. We were going to the amazon for a full day. So we went on this speed boat and while we were going it was a beautiful view with the sparkling water to the huge forest. Our first stop was to see some of the Amazon Indian tribes. I made a friend named Melissa. She was 9 years old and she had a monkey on her head most of the time. I gave her a little scrunchy to hold up her head because it was hot and she had a lot of hair. We saw a lot of accessories and Indian weapons. We bought a blow dart and it has beautiful and creative designs on it because it has feathers and fish scales. We also a lot of their dancing and singing.

Then we went to stop by a place to see the pink dolphins, but we did not see any dolphins. All we saw was a variety of tourists. I was sad, that would have been the highlight of my day. We saw some dolphins from far away, but I can understand that we could not see them because they do not cage them up and there were too many people. I like how they let them swim free.

Next we saw the floating village from the boat. And it was really cool because there were schools, houses and the coolest thing, boat taxis. I saw 2 kids jumping into the water over and over again. They all have their own part of the river to swim in.

On the way to our next stop, we had a surprising visit by 3 boys with animals. The smallest boy had a sloth that was so super cute. I held it and it looks so cool but looks like it is lazy. It also had very long nails. The next boy was holding a small alligator. It had cute tiny feet, snout and eyes. It had beautiful scales. And then the big man was holding an Anaconda which was so beautiful and slimy. Then they sadly got off our boat.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________



_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

And then on our actual stop, we did not get off the boat, but we saw these giant cool lily pads. Some were small and wrinkly and some were big and smooth. Some of them had a fruit on them that blooms during the winter. Some of them that were very very big had a bunch of holes in them.

Our next stop was for lunch and outside the gift shop we saw a bunch of squirrel monkeys hanging around. The food was not special, but good.

Then we went fishing for these giant catfish. All we had to do was get the fishing pole, but it was not a normal fishing pole. It was a long blue stick with a string attached to it. Our bait was fish which was tied to the string. We put in the water and made it dance around. The huge fish saw the bait and went for it.I felt how strong the fish was. It was so heavy that we could not even lift it up above the water. It was really fun.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________



_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Then, sadly, it was our final stop. Our stop the meeting of the waters. One was kind of brownish blue, and the other was light brown. It was so cool how they met together and did not mix. It was so nice because there was a beautiful sunset. Bye Bye Amazon Bye Bye.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________



_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Daddy's Comments: It was great to get back to the Brazilian Amazon. I had done a 10 day amazon river trip 20 years ago. While most fans may have been bummed to travel to Manaus to follow their team, I was extremely happy to return and to experience it with Sofia was amazing. What a great day!


Additional photos below
Photos: 74, Displayed: 24


Advertisement

Squirrel MonkeySquirrel Monkey
Squirrel Monkey

Amazon River
Mom, daughter and meMom, daughter and me
Mom, daughter and me

Amazon day tour
Hanging AroundHanging Around
Hanging Around

Squirrel Monkeys


Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0514s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb