The All Night Bus...


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Alagoas » Maceió
November 2nd 2008
Published: November 13th 2008
Edit Blog Post

So far we have probably spent a total of 8 solid days on overnight busses, they are great but the standard really varies. Some buses give you free snacks some have feet rests and some play DVDs. One bus we went on even played an English DVD which Alan and I were really excited about, at least there would be something to break up our 22 hour journey! Imagine our utter disappointment when the sound wasn't working! oh well never mind because for some reason the driver had selected english subtitles we could enjoy the film after all (Prime starring meryl streep and that chick out of kill Bill) the film was a bit dull but by about 1hour30 you were quite into it, which is about the time it got turned off when they swapped drivers!! Boo never mind an hour later they started to play it again this time with sound even the deaf Israeli guy up the back of the bus was excited although I am not sure he was as excited that it now had sound! Would you believe it another 1hour30mins later they changed drivers again!! we watched the start of the film 4 times before we got to see the end - but it did kill some time!!

One of the main issues we have had with buses is not knowing what time they arrive and waking up all night to check if it is our stop or not - it is always good if you destination is the last one!! eventually we managed to learn the potuguese for ´what time does the bus arrive at...´ great! we settled ourselves in for a journey to the seaside resort of Macio - we even managed to swap seats so we were net to each other, which was just as well as on a previous journey Alan had his sleeping bag stolen - which is not surprising as they keep the aircon on about 18 degrees to avoid sweaty seats (nice!) Anyway we fell asleep safe in the knowledge that our bus was arriving at 6am... had a fairly good nights sleep apart from being woken up when the bus driver was tring to shake awake the guy in front...about 6.30am the bus stopped but not at Macio at a service station..It was them we noticed there were only about 6 people left on the bus, then the driver shaking the guy awake incident came flashing back as did the fact that we had swapped seats with the poor man!!!

Agghhh the bus was early and we had another 2 hours till in stopped 3 in a bus station and another 5 back to Macio!! so much for learning the language!!



Advertisement



22nd November 2008

typical Al & Fern
This really made us laugh, it was so visual. I suppose the message is 'never swop your seat on a bus.'

Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0689s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb