Poza Verde, Walt's Giant Lump and Adapters That Don't Work!


Advertisement
Published: August 2nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

So I officially blew up a hairdryer today that did not belong to me. I know, why in the world am I using a blow dryer in Bolivia? There is only one good explanation...it was only in the 50's today...not just any cool weather either, it was wet, cold and windy...not to be combined with wet hair. So anyway...I got out of the shower before dinner turned the thing on and all was going well until it sped up immensely, blew a few sparks and shut off. Dang adapter didn't work and now I have to attempt to find a place to buy a hairdryer in a third world country...good luck to me!

As I said previously, we had pretty nasty weather today but the show must go on...

The men were up bright and early to continue the construction of the roof and porch floor. Unfortunately, one of our host missionary's took a nice spill today and banged his arm up pretty good at the site...and when I say good, I mean bad. We will refer to it for ever more as Walt's Giant Lump...check out the pictures. They are a must see!

The ladies performed the Passover Story again...led by yours truly. Go me! The kids had a blast and we had several of the Poza Verde adults attend, as well. Mirtha served cunapes (aka, cheesy biscuits) and hot tea...delicious! See the recipe below:

Cunape (cheese balls)

1 Cup Yucca Starch (you can get these in latin mkts)

1 Round (3 cups) of Mexican cheese like Queso Fresco

1 egg

SALT, Water, and milk, as needed.

Preheat oven to 305 degrees.

Crumble the cheese into a big mixing bowl (it should crumble easily) and add the yucca starch and egg and a pinch of salt. Knead it with your hands until you have a dough-like consistency. At this point, if it's too dry, you can add some milk or water.

Make them into little balls and insert your thumb into the bottom to make a hole in the bottom (this creates a non-stick environment). Place them on top of a non stick pan or a floured pan. Let it sit for 15 minutes.

Place them in the oven between 15-20 minutes.

Do one batch first. If it comes out too cheesy, then add more starch.



Additional photos below
Photos: 32, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



2nd August 2011

SO Blessed
I am so blessed to see God's hand at work through each of you, as this week unfolds. Mom I love seeing you being used of God in so many different ways. Know that we are continuing to pray for each of you. Love, Jesse

Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0425s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb