Last bolivian post...


Advertisement
Bolivia's flag
South America » Bolivia » Potosí Department » Villazón
February 10th 2011
Published: February 14th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Here we are, last day in Bolivia.

After Tupiza (and a nice hot shower..) I am heading to Villazon to cross the border and go to Salta, Agentina

This country was amazing. It is told to be the most authentic country of South America. Well, this is mainly because it is the poorest ! But somehow it is one of the richest: Life is like nowhere else, friendliness of people, landscape, ..
Of course this is very cheap: You sleep for less than 10euros, and with 15euros you are like a king. Food is similar, for 10-15euros you have an amazing dinner with lots of wine (like one bottle each) in the top range restaurants.

What was amazing is the lack of infrastructure: Most of the towns and roads are unpaved and you heavily depends of the climate conditions. Even worse with the train (ah ? there was a train ??).
Same way, it is not at all developed for tourists (compared to Perú) and there are many many things to do in this country (ie businesses to develop).
It is sometimes very hard to see how people live, and the few opportunities they have to make money, or to draw a future for the kids. I mean, the gap between bif cities and country towns is huge. Maybe not that much in La Paz.

Anyway, I loved it. And I am very grateful to Marvin and Beso to have joined me for this unforgetable trip.




Advertisement



Tot: 0.266s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.1231s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb