Salar de Uyuni


Advertisement
Published: June 10th 2012
Edit Blog Post

4 de Junio

Got to Uyuni at 6 am. And it was fucking freezing. We ran and got some tea and met Steffi, a German/Londoner and got a 3 day tour with her. At 1030(bolivian time), we headed out to a train cemetery, then to a salt museum, where everything was made of salt! Then on to Salar de Uyuni, a salt flat that stretched as far as the eye could see. We went to an island full of cacti, and Justin and I wandered off and "found" some Abominatable Salt Man footprints. We stopped at a hotel made entirely of salt, had a long awaited and delicious dinner. A quick shower and bed.

5 de Junio

We drove quite a bit today, saw some volcanic rocks and beautiful lakes. There were lots of flamingos in the lakes and our lunch was at one such, and it was delicioso! We got to our hostal. Had a yummy dinner and wine. The spaniards in our jeep told us about mixing coca cola and red wine. I liked it, but it was a mistake since the caffeine kept us up.

6 de Junio
Salar de UyuniSalar de UyuniSalar de Uyuni

wheres ours?


A LOOOTTT of driving today. Visited some hot springs, but it was about 4 degrees celsius with like 60 mi/hour winds... so we didn´t go in. Had to say bye to Steffi and the spaniards. What a fabulous trip. 11 hour bus back to La Paz tonight.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

cacti islandcacti island
cacti island

in the salar


Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 14; qc: 64; dbt: 0.0603s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb