Blovia, Rocky Mountain high, altitude!


Advertisement
Bolivia's flag
South America » Bolivia » La Paz Department » La Paz
May 20th 2013
Published: May 21st 2013
Edit Blog Post

We spent three weeks in Bolivia. Starting and ending in La Paz. We travelled to Sucre, Trupiza, a four day tour to the Salar de Uyani, then back to La Paz. From there we did the death road, moon valley, and golfed the worlds highest golf course. The altitude was high the entire time, and nights were cold, one night on our tour was at 4400 meters and -20 with no heat. There was a transit and labour strike which made travel difficult, as we had to rearrange our plans several times so as not to be stranded, Rosalyn even felt the effects of tear gas while shopping one day. It was very beautiful, and we made some great new friends along the way. We tried to put the photos in chronological order. Hope you enjoy.


Additional photos below
Photos: 123, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



21st May 2013

More mind-blowingly beautiful pictures. What a great story your trip would make in National Geographic. And I'm sure some of your pictures could win photography awards. Really sorry (in a way) to have your blogs come to an end. Safe trip home! Luv you guys xo
28th May 2013

Wonderful photos....
Hey you finally found the golf course....bet the balls went forever.... We went to the W. Caribbean for a cruise on the "Oasis of the Sea"...had wonderful time. We got to dance with a Big Band and shocked they didn't know you Glen...but now they DO... May this adventure just be the beginning of wonderful Times...

Tot: 0.123s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 16; qc: 75; dbt: 0.0704s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb