Sucre


Advertisement
Bolivia's flag
South America » Bolivia » Chuquisaca Department » Sucre
August 5th 2011
Published: August 5th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Ola from Sucre!

Following the disastrous route to Bolivia, its safe to say our hopes for the next 3 weeks were pretty low! However, much to our delight we've had a great few days in Santa Cruz and Sucre.

We slept very well on our first night in SC, then headed out to the busy market the following morning to buy warm clothes. Unfortunately there isn't a Primark out here, but the shoes, tracksuit bottoms, fleecy jackets, hats, gloves, socks and alpaca jumpers didn't cost us too much, and are exactly what we needed to combat the weather which might just about rival England. We wandered around the town, went into the Cathedral to say we had done something cultural, then met some Canadian girls who we had dinner with. Really rather good steak for less than a fiver! We had booked a flight for 10.30 the next day, only to find when we got back to our hostel that we had been moved to an earlier time. What is it with South American airlines?! So we packed up and set alarms for 6am. Early morning flight meant we were pretty tired by the time we got to Sucre, so we headed out for a bite to eat and a sit in the square before having an afternoon nap. The hostel we are in is probably the best yet, it is only 3 weeks old and is really lovely, for only 3 pounds a night. Plus there are lots of English speakers! It is a national holiday tomorrow so celebrations have been happening since we got here, so we are probably heading out to a street party tonight to enjoy the delights of bolivian wine. We did have a couple of bottles last night but unfortunately started a little early as we enjoyed a drink while watching the sunset from one of the highest points in Sucre, resulting in a moderately early finish for the both of us!

Another advantage of Bolivia is the cheap cost of laundry, meaning that Liz is hopefully getting rid of all traces of Pantanal bed bugs at last!

Off out for a wander around then meeting some girls from our hostel for lunch at the market. Lovely stuff! xxxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0463s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb