Sucre


Advertisement
Bolivia's flag
South America » Bolivia » Chuquisaca Department » Sucre
January 9th 2010
Published: January 9th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Sucre has been slightly more lo key as we have been quite tired and thought we´d have a relaxing few day s in a city. Sucre is officially the capital in Bolivia apart from the fact that it comes second in every way to La Paz.
We arrived quite late in the day and decided on a quick hostel. We found one close to the centre and went out for dinner in city. One of the things we had planned to do here was horse riding as we heard it was good around the city. Instead the next day we ended up booking a day of Rock CLimb in the mountains overlooking the city. I thought if I want to keep climbing mountains etc I should really have a basic grip of rock climbing. It really proved to be enjoyable and not as difficult as I thought although we were doing probably one of the easier walls but it was very vertical. The absailing I found the most fun.
We were climbing for around 4 hours before it was back to the city to plan our next adventure.
Sucre itself is a lovely sity and is quite colonial. We spent hours just walking around the town and going to cafes to chill out in. We had left Rob and Jennie and it was back to the two of us so was nice to have some relaxing time again.
Tonight we go to Argentina by bus and hopefully will be back to camping again through Agentina.


Additional photos below
Photos: 34, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 62; dbt: 0.0609s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb