I´m back in Sucre, Bolivia!!!


Advertisement
Bolivia's flag
South America » Bolivia » Chuquisaca Department » Sucre
February 24th 2009
Published: February 24th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Its sooo weird to be back in Sucre again! For those who don´t know, I lived here last year for 2 months! I lived with a family for a month then had my own apartment with some friends that I met here.

Sucre is crazyyy right now though! We arrived here on the first day of Carneval, which is a 4 day fiesta in the streets. Thousands of people will gather outside roaming the streets in huge groups playing music, dancing, and getting people wet with water! They roam the streets with waterballoons, squirt guns, and foamy spray. The first day when we arrived in Sucre, we went out into the streets not knowing that we would be seriously ATTACKED with balloons!!!! The guys will literally whip balloons at girls faces and backs.. i had welts on my back. I almost cried that they hurt so much. they make the balloons really small and hard so they actually do hurt when they hit u!!! Everyone has big groups that all wear the same color shirts but we were rolin solo.. Chels and I wore our hairs in pigtails and bought tons of balloons. We were attackin everyone who threw at us. haha.. i bought some foamy spray and would spray them in their eyes. but after an hour of that, we ran our asses home!!!!

the nexttt day, we visited my family that i lived with last year!! We brought them cookies and they were having all their family and friends over too. So about 50 people were there partying. the lil old grandma came over to us with shots of some white drink.. telling us to drink it all in one shot. lol. she is so crazy. We ate lunch with them and then instantly.. victor and his friends picked me up and tossed me in the pool. i had my jeansssssssss on. ahhhhh. i hate wet jeans! i had to chill in them all day long. but it was all good because i ended up getting wet throughout the whole day because we were throwin balloons and buckets of water on the people walkig down their streets. basically, the groups just roam alll the main streets in sucre from 11 am till 11-1AM!!! its insane. fireworks are goin off right now as im typing.

i cant wait for tomorrow though so i can have like a normal day in Sucre. go to the markets.. buy some chocolates.. and go to cafe mirador to have a pretty view of sucre.

overall, i like carneval. its different. there is NOTHING like this in the states.. i cant wait to put up the video of it!!! =) i leave on thursday for Potosi, the highest city in the world where I will visit the mines. woo!


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0477s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb