Sucre


Advertisement
Bolivia's flag
South America » Bolivia » Chuquisaca Department » Sucre
January 8th 2007
Published: January 22nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Ross:

The night bus to Sucre had been made out to be an absolute nightmare of a trip in a stone age bus, over roads that were little more than dirt tracks. In reality the bus was quite comfy, smelled a bit and not quite enough leg room, and the roads although they were dirt tracks they weren’t to bad - bit bumpy now and again but the ride was smooth enough. We arrived in Sucre a lot earlier than scheduled (because we couldn’t get the later bus from Cochabamba) and headed to the hotel with no guarantee of a room for a couple of hours. The hotel was pretty grand and served an excellent breakfast with fresh fruit at long last. Not really much to say about this first day in Sucre other than it’s a nice looking place and is absolutely tiny for the political capital of a country. After dinner the whole group, reunited again, headed out to a club for a heavy night of partying. I still wasn’t feeling 100% from being ill back in Peru and, don’t know what it was but, something didn’t agree with me and I had to leave early and spent the next day hopping between bed and the toilet. Originally I had been all for taking ciprofloxen in Peru when I first got ill but Claire talked me out of it, but of course when she got ill it was straight for the drugs. And now having experienced what I had she doped me up and they work pretty good only thing is I can’t drink which really cuts down on what you can do in Bolivia.

Claire:

sucre is a really pretty and small city with white buildings everywhere and a really safe feel to it. i spent my nights here getting to know our group (otherwise known as getting drunk with them..). we went to see what was said to be the longest series of dinosaur footprints in the world and some cool dino models and it was the birthday of one of the girls birthdays from the tour while we were here (see photos with pink barbie party hats..). after some last minute large town shopping (as we were leaving for tiny town bolivia from now on) we headed on to potosi, formerly the richest town in south america and now the poorest.



Additional photos below
Photos: 28, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

sucre market 2sucre market 2
sucre market 2

cows noses. ross made me put this in
sucre main squaresucre main square
sucre main square

a fancy building, cant actually remember what it is
drink menudrink menu
drink menu

i just wanted to translate for you.... the bottom left says '6 cockroaches for the price of 5' and the bottom right says 'suprise of the week - false rabbit'. im told cockroaches are just a kind of cocktail. as for the false rabbit i was afraid to aks.
dino prints 1dino prints 1
dino prints 1

ross with big dino heads
dino prints 2dino prints 2
dino prints 2

graaaawr!
dino prints 4dino prints 4
dino prints 4

this one is like Nessie according to our guide
dino prints 5dino prints 5
dino prints 5

a baby bronteosaurus or however you spell it
dino prints 6dino prints 6
dino prints 6

actaul footprints
dino prints 8dino prints 8
dino prints 8

the footprints were hard to see
morgans birthday 1morgans birthday 1
morgans birthday 1

morgan, the birthday girl, blowing out her candles
morgans birthday 2morgans birthday 2
morgans birthday 2

nice hat morgs!


Tot: 0.12s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 13; qc: 76; dbt: 0.0933s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb