Iguazu Falls


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina
December 29th 2010
Published: January 21st 2011
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Devil's Throat 30 secs
Tue 28 to Wed 29 Dec – Iguazu Falls, Argentina and Brazil Border

6am alarm for flight to Iguazu in Argentina, then took a taxi across the border into Brazil to our hotel.

Iguazu Falls are incredible, one of the must sees in South America. They are made up of about 275 different waterfalls, many of which are taller than Niagara Falls. Spectacular is the word. Check out the video...

The timings worked out perfectly for seeing the falls:

The afternoon we arrived we caught a local bus to the Brazilian side. This side takes a max of 3 hours to see. Really hot walkway to Devil's Throat where we got drenched in the mist from the falls. Thought that the Argentinian side couldn't beat this.

Found a friendly hostel a few doors down from Hotel Taroba Express, we booked the trip to the Argentina side with them as they were cheaper than our hotel.

Got a bit drunk on Brahma (yet another beer) and Caipirinha's - Brazil's national cocktail, made with cachaça, sugar and lime. We will be carrying on this tradition at home ... ;o)

The next day we went on the full day tour of the Argentinian side including a boat ride. The boat actually went into one of the falls, we got absolutely soaked, but it was welcome in that heat. It was fantastic, even better than yesterday!

Walking through the jungle and along the walkways you are surrounded by butterflies, brightly coloured birds (saw a toucan) and families of raccoon type creatures called coatis.

Had to wait an hour at the minibus because some Americans got the time wrong. There's an hour difference between Brazil and Argentina.

Another night drinking outside the hostel which meant that we couldn't be bothered to cross the Paraguay border in the morning before our flight to Rio de Janeiro. A bit bored of crossing borders and passport stamps now...

Rio here we come...



Additional photos below
Photos: 40, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0583s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb