day 107 (mon)


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina
February 4th 2010
Published: February 10th 2010
Edit Blog Post

fallsfallsfalls

old friends waiting for me
got up and had breakfast and got the bus back to the park, our ticket yesterday meant we could get in for 1/2 price today and also there was a slow eco boat-ride back from the devils throat that was included in the boat ride.
we got the small train up to diablo station and then made our way along the walkways towards the devils throat, we stopped at a few vantage points along the way but nothing can prepare you for the sight of the falls at devils throat, they are huge and you could stand there all day looking at them, the guide told us that the amount of water going over the edge at the moment was 1700-2000 cubic metres per second, in october they had 12000 cubic metres per second flowing over them and they had to close all the walkways down as the falls went right over the top of them. mind boggling.
we got back to the station and caught the eco tour in the big inflatables which start next to the station, quite enjoyable floating gently down the river looking at all the wildlife in the park.
got back to the hotel and had
fallsfallsfalls

butterflies
a gentle afternoon round the pool.
went back into town in the evening and met a couple of canucks we had met on the boat earlier, herb and lyn who had rented their place out for the winter olympics and told us we should be thinking of doing the same thing for the 2012 olympics, very nice couple so we had dinner but had to go as rose wanted to get something from the night market on the way back.


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement

fallsfalls
falls

devils throat station
fallsfalls
falls

walkway over to falls
fallsfalls
falls

appearing in background
fallsfalls
falls

top of el diablo
fallsfalls
falls

rose and falls
fallsfalls
falls

devils throat
fallsfalls
falls

devils throat
fallsfalls
falls

bit of colour
fallsfalls
falls

smaller falls
fallsfalls
falls

people in background to show how big they are
fallsfalls
falls

cayman
fallsfalls
falls

falls
fallsfalls
falls

falls
fallsfalls
falls

falls
fallsfalls
falls

falls in hotel


Tot: 0.152s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 9; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0674s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb