pictures before Antarctica


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina
January 29th 2006
Published: January 30th 2006
Edit Blog Post

January 29th, 2006, first of 2 days at sea
day 24 of our cruise of 105, 81 to go.
I opened a bottle of Malbec wine last night. It is a grape grown in the Andes, deep rich red juice: lovely.
Every afternoon is tea in the crow’s nest on the 12th floor at the front of the ship: best view in the house.
We eat at 8:15pm, the second seating of the Lafontaine ding room. We had asked for a table of 8; #7 and 8 only came once and moved to the next table. Our 4 remaining seat mates are fun interesting people. Nancy and Ed are from the south of the US, with a you- all type of twang. They have been retired almost 20 years, traveling in a 37ft RV, towing a car, all summer through Canada, Mexico and US and cruising in winter. They have over 400 cruising days on Holland America alone and have been on many other lines.
Ella and Leon are from New York and truly interesting companions, they cruised the world once already on the QE2.
We have also befriended Mary and Robin from Calgary and the infamous Howard- pictures to follow.
Satelite reception might be tricky in the Arctic, so this might be it for a while.

Ttys, love to all
Ps, last night we received another gift: small Bushnell binocular 12x to match our pink gift coat and our yellow scarf. Earlier on we were presented with a leather diary and card carrier, very nice.
pss Louise et Denis safe trip
psssCelina... enough nice pictures?


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0242s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb