El Chalten - the trekking capital of Argentina


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Santa Cruz » El Chaltén
November 26th 2008
Published: November 30th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hola,

so this will be a series of blogs hopefully today, to catch you all up a bit on my travels. I traveled to El Chalten from El Calafate, and since it is in the mountains... no cell phone towers, no ATM, gravel roads, and unstable internet because of the satellite transmission, you will just have to bear with me now and i will take you through the last couple of days! EL Chalten is the cutest little hikers paradise town. It is located in the Parque Nacional Los Glaciares, and all hikes start somewhere in the town! Once again, I was super lucky with my hostel. (even got a huge fluffy bath-towel), and when i arrived in the late afternoon just went for a little hike to a great overlook of the town and the valley, before meeting up for dinner with a fellow German hiker, Bernd, who i had met on the bus back from Torres Del Paine. The next morning, Cerro Fitz Roy greeted us glowing in sunlight, and that was the cue to hike up to the Laguna Los Tres for the most awesome views of Fitz Roy and the Laguna Sucia which is just below.
yeah!yeah!yeah!

how is that for a postcard?
And did i mention that there are glaciers all around here. Awesome, especially with sunshine and blue sky. So once again I will not not bore you to much with all the details of a long hike and a fantastic lunch spot, and encounters with nice people, and basically just me having the time of my life. , and so here are the pictures from the hikes to Laguna Los Tres and the hike the next day to the Laguna del Torres - by the way, the wind was incredible on this hike... check out the waves on the lake!


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.134s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 20; qc: 63; dbt: 0.0735s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb