Blood and a bicycle


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » San Luis » Villa Mercedes
March 30th 2011
Published: March 31st 2011
Edit Blog Post

Just a quick and very random story. In the last two nights, we have gotten away from our habit of parking near a police station for security, opting for 24 hour gas stations because in Argentina the police stations are not as often located conveniently near the freeway. The gas station owner assured us that this was a very quiet zone and we soon drifted off to sleep. At some point we were very alarmingly awakened by the sound of many people yelling and cursing all around our vehicle as the vehicle rocked from being shoved. A very disorienting way to be awakened indeed! Turns out that two guys were giving a third an old fashioned style beat-down against our van which concluded by them kicking and stomping him. Apparently it turns out that the third guy stole a bicycle and showed up with it at the wrong gas station on the wrong day. Raw street justice. I am going to go out on a limb and assume that the bloody thief will not be returning to his bicycle stealing days any time soon.

I apologize that I did not have the nimbleness of mind in the heat of the moment to get a photo of either the blood or the bicycle. However, I am including a few photos of our first days in Argentina.

(And yes, it was a little mean to have the dog picture first with that title.)


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

A view from where we spent the night.A view from where we spent the night.
A view from where we spent the night.

(The night before the bicycle incident!)


Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0512s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb