Cafayate


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Salta » Cafayate
November 26th 2009
Published: November 26th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Buongiorno,

The brilliant thing about Argentina is that most people understand Italiano!!!!

This morning I awake to find myself in the wine producing region of Argentina......and what wine!!!!!

Back to yesterday......left Salta at 7am and headed west towards Cachi.....this was after a recommendation from my host Alex.....asked the girls if they wanted to accompany me, with some private photography tuition thrown in...how could they refuse!!!!.....so of we went into this stunning valley towards Cafayate. Once in the valley we were rewarded with some amazing condors swooping over the car and catching the thermals.....we stopped immediately and spent the next 1/2 hour watching these amazing birds.
We then arrived in Cachi, which is a beautiful town amongst the mountains. Had breakfast in the town square and then invited by a teacher to see the local school where I made a few images......brill....

After that we headed down the valley with these amazing rock outcrops and visited the vineyards of Colome. What I was to find out was that this was the most famous and expensive vineyard in the whole of Argentina.....wow!!!....We were given a fantastic tour of the vineyards and then a private tasting of their best wines.....the Malbec is outstanding......Ive tasted some good wines in my time ......but this stuff......

Onwards we went towards Cafayate through this amazing primorial valley ( see images ) arriving at 8pm.. then went out for the best steak Ive had washed down by a couple of bottles of the local Malbec......followed by a bottle of Torrentes at a local bodega..........excellent day.....

I am now returning to Salta by another route and making some images.....the Girls are hiring bikes and touring the local vineyards.......its still so hot!!!!!

adios,

Mario


Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



26th November 2009

Girls and wine
I see you've perked up a bit....don't forget to order some of the Malbec, and get it shipped over !!! Apart from that, I must admit you are looking well. Not jealous at all !!!!

Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0578s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb