Viedma and Carmen de Patagones


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Río Negro » Viedma
April 8th 2011
Published: April 8th 2011
Edit Blog Post

With 2h delay I arrieved yesterday evening in Viedma, which is in the province of Rio Negro and on the southern side of the river, and went then to my hotel in Carmen de Patagones on the other side of the river and thus in the province of Buenos Aires. The two small, beautiful cities are connected by two bridges and a taxi-boat. Carmen d.P. was one of the first villages on the coast of Argentina and was funded in 1779 by Don Francisco de Viedma and the first habitants were from Galicia. The city was very important place for import and export and played an important role during the conflicts with the Portuguese in Brazil.

The woman sitting next to me in the bus (= new invitation in BA) came from Punta Arenas and went to Buenos Aires - a trip of about 46h... I'm glad that I didn't do the whole trip at once. And so far I had to pass only one police control. Between the different provinces are always policemen/women who control the cars. Usually they let pass the buses, but sometimes they check all IDs/passports of the passengers. At least they're friendly and try to do it as fast as possible. Police/border officials are in general very friendly, especially in Chile.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.131s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0626s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb