A little bit of Argentina


COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Misiones » Puerto Iguazú
March 10th 2012
Saved: April 11th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Photo 2Photo 2Photo 2

on the raft
12 long hours later I arrived in Foz do Igazu, Brasil. Blearly eyed, three birtish boys and I haggled a taxi across the boarder into Argentina and to the hostel mi amigos were staying at. After checking in and catching up with the group we all decided to visit the falls that afternoon in order to beat the crowd and the oppressive heat. We wandered around the small town, had lunch and some ice cream (so cheap! AUD$1 for a double scoop with topping!) and found the bus stop. By this time I was exhausted and regretting my decision to be so adventurous after little to no sleep. BUT off we went.

We didnt have much time to explore the park so Ian and I decided to do the speed boat tour. It started with a 4x4 ride through the jungle and dropped us off at a dock where we boarded our small 20 person life raft. We sped up the rapids (scary) until we reached the falls (lots of ohhhhing and ahhhhhing) with a few minutes to take photos before the driver sped us towards one of the cascades. The boat zipped in and out of the tremendous walls of water (i screamed the whole time, poor Ian) each time going in deeper and deeper. Trying to describe the amazingness of these water falls is impossible. There is no doubt why they are considered one of the greatest natural wonders of the world. (SEE PHOTOS!)

We met back up with the group, drenched but buzzing with adrenaline and headed back to our hostel. We shared our last supper with Tamisn and Mike then crashed early in preperation for yet another bus trip.

Busses in Argentina are lux! We had semi reclining seats that may as well of been full reclining they go back so far and we were fed and fed! One meal (Pauls faviourite) was lamb with roasted pumpkin! I skipped the laaaaamb obviously and swapped it for more pumpkin. Delish! The bus arrived in Salta in the wee hours of the morning (5am, thats over 20 hours of bussing..woah!) and, being exhausted, chose the first hostel we saw. It was a Sunday so most shops were closed but we managed to find a resturant with a delicious menu and an amazing Mueso. The Museum has the remains of three young children along with various artifacts belonging to the Incas that they were burried with over 500 years ago. They even have the bodies of the children, still frozen of corse, for viewing. It was A-MAZING! The children had been so well preserved because of the high altitude you could even see their teeth!

Another early night for another early bus ride to take us to the boarder of Argentina and Bolivia.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader_blog_bottom

Photo 3Photo 3
Photo 3

After the shower
Photo 4Photo 4
Photo 4

Amazing!
Photo 5Photo 5
Photo 5

Thats us!!
Photo 8Photo 8
Photo 8

ice cream so delicious!


Comments only available on published blogs

Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 13; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0353s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb