Iguazu (Argentina)


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Misiones » Puerto Iguazú
October 10th 2007
Published: October 10th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Boat under FallsBoat under FallsBoat under Falls

this is a boat disapearing into the waterfall mists just as it did for us 2 days ago. Very wet indeed
Yesterday (09/10/07)we had a lazy day. We went to the bank and sorted out photos, blogs etc. But the rest of the day we chilled out by the pool and then played volleyball before swimming and other fun pool stuff. We met some Aussie guys, Chris, Rich, Jason and Dan. Dan has promised to do Sydney bridge with us when we get there as he will be home by then. Its a deal.
We had also been to a supermarket and so cooked up some pasta slop (first meal weve cooked since we left ha ha) which was really surprisingly nice.

Today (10/10/07) we have been back to the Iguazu falls on the Argentinian side this time. We have been all over the park exploring and seen all manner of wildlife, more infact than we ever saw in the jungle. We have seen racoons, large rat things, numerous geckos and giant lizards amongst other things, and also finally clapped eyes on the infamous but illusive Tucans. Yippee. We have heard them in the jungles of Peru and the Cloud Forest of Equador but never actually seen them. Well pleased about that, they are HUGE. unbelievable.

The waterfalls are more
Me under the FallsMe under the FallsMe under the Falls

Following the lower trail I am standing under the Salta Ramiraz
beautiful and easier to see on the Argentinian side (which must really piss the Brazilians off) and totally breathtakingly spectacular. We have walked along a 1100m bridge over the top of the main river feeding the largest and fastest waterfall called the Devils Throat. We have walked along the bottom and tops of all the feeder rivers and their waterfalls. We have seen so much water its just ridiculous, it is all so beautiful. Just in the nick of time we stopped for an icecream in a cafe, when the heavens opened and we were subjected to a massive half hour thunderstorm. Luckily we didnt get wet at all although almost everyone else did because there isnt any shelter at the park really ha ha.

we have decided to stay another nite before heading off to Brazil and the Pantenal. We have also heard about a fantastic place where there are magical caves with blue pools and crystal clear rivers for snorkelling. Youll find out in due course if we go there, but i think we will.






Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Devils ThroatDevils Throat
Devils Throat

Following the train along the top of the river, I walked over a 1100m bridge to the top of the Devils Throat


Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0498s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb