The Iguazu Falls, its all about the water


Advertisement
Published: March 21st 2006
Edit Blog Post

Iguazu FallsIguazu FallsIguazu Falls

Argentinian side
Took the overnight bus from Buenos Aires to Iguazu, really needed to leave the Milhouse I was turning nocturnal. Time for a few days of it and some proper sightseeing. But to my luck I sat next to Kath & Kate from London and Manchester who had conviently bought a bottle of wine (who takes wine on a bus trip!?!) with the complementary champagne & wine (yes it a flashy bus) the journey was a blast. One thing about booking your bus ticket late in South America it means you get to be toilet monitor for the journey!

15 hours later I arrive in Iguazu, its hot damn hot. I´m staying at the Hostel-Inn Iguazu, it has a massive pool, gardens, football pitch and feels more like a country hotel than hostel. On the downside the staff where pretty ineffective.

I saw a few familiar faces from BA looking knackered from the excesses of New Years. I try a new approach in booking my sightseeing activities two Canadians girls, Hayle & Sandi in the queue ahead of me seem to know what their talking about and give the travel agent a good grilling. I rock up afterwards and just
Iguazu FallsIguazu FallsIguazu Falls

Argentinian side
ask for exactly what they´ve booked. It worked a treat no need to even read the guide book.

The Igauzu Falls straddle the Argentina - Brazil border, with most on the Argy side. The falls are made up of a number of individual waterfalls in a horse shoe shape. When the water level is high enough they join together to form a massive waterfall!

Most of the day is spent walking the paths round the falls, its way to big to see from just one location. Its a scorching hot day, late 30s early 40s, I take a boat trip to the edge of one of the falls to get soaked! as required when visiting a waterfall.

Late afternoon we follow one of the trails a smaller waterfall in the park where you can have a dip. Adamant I´m not going in but the opportunity to sit under a waterfall is too inviting and relaxing!

The next day was spent rappelling down a (small) waterfall and zip-lining through the park tree tops. Well done girls great choice of activities.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Iguazu FallsIguazu Falls
Iguazu Falls

Argentinian side
Iguazu FallsIguazu Falls
Iguazu Falls

Sporting a new haircut, my Spanish only stretches to a no.3 please
Iguazu FallsIguazu Falls
Iguazu Falls

What about that, waterfall and a rainbow!
Iguazu FallsIguazu Falls
Iguazu Falls

The girls in the know, Sandi and Hayle
Iguazu FallsIguazu Falls
Iguazu Falls

Very relaxing
Iguazu FallsIguazu Falls
Iguazu Falls

Rappelling!
Iguazu FallsIguazu Falls
Iguazu Falls

Zip-Lining!


13th February 2006

Birthday suit
R u wearing your Birthday Suit by that waterfall? You dirty old goat!!
13th February 2006

Skinny dip??
Like the hair cut goode! Glad to see the spanish is coming in handy. Not sure whether it's your flesh coloured kegs or if you were skinny dipping in the waterfall but all looks good fun!
13th February 2006

gollum
Nick, brilliant impression of gollum having a dip in Iguaza Falls.
14th February 2006

White Pants!
I can assure you all I was wearing white boxers at the time!
19th February 2006

"Rock Up"
19th February 2006

"Rock Up"
Fu, I've purchased a computer for the sole use of telling you to never use the term "rock up" again.
20th February 2006

Rock Up...
Its hip talk man!

Tot: 0.141s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 19; qc: 77; dbt: 0.0897s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb