Iguassu falls!


Advertisement
Published: May 5th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Cheesy happy shot!!!Cheesy happy shot!!!Cheesy happy shot!!!

Just after popping the question :-D
The question!

We took another overnight bus from Rosario ... and we both managed to send ourselves to sleep scratching our brains out over a Sudoku puzzle .. and I was trying to ignore the slightly crazy Argentinian who was sat next to me :-) Still, he wasn't ranting about the Falklands at least ...

We got into Puerto Iguassu early afternoon .. hoping we would be able to visit the falls, but upon arriving we found out we couldn't do that until the morning. So instead, we settled in with some beers by the pool :-) It must have been a combination of the sun, the beer and the romance because I asked Silke to marry me and she said yes ;-) I probably wouldn't be writing about it on here if she'd said no ;-) To celebrate, I dragged her into the pool ... soaking the money that was in my pocket .. that had just finished drying from the time about one hour before when I jumped in forgetting I had money in my pocket! .. doh!! We spent the rest of the day celebrating in typical fashion ;-)

YAY!!!!!!!!!

The falls

Our first day of engagament was perfect .. as we went to the Argentinian side of Iguassu falls .. which were absolutely incredible! Theres not a lot I can write to describe how it feels standing almost underneath a massive wall of roaring falling water .. or standing at a distance and seeing the panorama of hundreds of small and large waterfalls crashing down and filling the air with mist ... so take a look at the photos. The morning was incredible, walking along small catwalks above and below one section of the falls .. then taking a short boat trip which took us pretty much right underneath .. and obviously left us soaking wet! In the afternoon we took a short train ride out to the 'Garganta del Diablo' or Devils Throat ... the section of the falls that is shaped like a horseshoe ... the volume, the power and the noise of the water was incredible and we got soaked several times as the wind blew the rising mist over the top of us. We were both tired out by this point, so luckily in the afternoon we had a tranquil boat ride back along the edge of the river .. before taking the transport back to the hostel. We finished off the perfect day with a BBQ, Caipirinhas and much beer at the hostel ;-)

Tomorrow we're going to go and see the Brazilian side of the falls in the morning (shouldn't take more than a few hours) and then in the evening we head into Brazil .. towards Florianopolis!






Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement

Ooops!Ooops!
Ooops!

After pool incident number 1!
ButterflyButterfly
Butterfly

At Iguassu National Park


7th May 2007

Congrats!!!!
Good on ya!!!! Couldn't happen to a nicer couple!!!! I'm soooo pleased for you!! Can I go out and buy my hat now??? Can't wait to see you both. Loads of love Marie xx
7th May 2007

Congratulations
WOW!!!! Congratulations to you both :-D Looking forward to the wedding - though after Madrid would understand if I don't get an invite ;-) Will
9th May 2007

Congratulations Matt & Silke!
Fab news! Very pleased for you both - you make a lovely couple! All the best:)
9th May 2007

Congratulations!
Wow! Brilliant news! We are all absolutely delighted for you both. Take care. Love, Auntie Jan, Uncle Bri and Dan.
11th May 2007

Congratulations!!
Fantastic news. Congratulations to both of you! What a place to celebrate such an important event. I wish you a wonderful like together.
12th May 2007

Congrats to you both!!
Randomly read your blogg Matt and wow what an entry to read!! Congrats to you both, what great news :-D

Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0469s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb