If you ever doubted there was a GOD!


Advertisement
Published: February 16th 2007
Edit Blog Post

9th January- 12th January



If you ever doubted there was a god, then you just need to come to just feel the force of creation that thunders from the waterfalls of Iguazu.



one of the 7 natural wonders of the world, this place was nothing short of breathtaking!



I stayed at one of the best Hostels i had stayed in South America. Called Hostel Inn Iguazu, this was a huge resort type acomodation, with big pool, and pool side bar!
nothing like drinking Caipirinhas whilst laying back and chilling in the pool!




Iguazu Falls borders the Argentinian and Brazilian Borders. whilst the Brazilian border offer the wide open landscape shots, Argentina offered the close up and intimate, but deafening experience!






Brazilian side
joined a tour group, we went cycling through the forrest, canoeig along the river (don´t worry, nowhere near the mouth of the waterfall...although if challenge hmmm....)
We walked along the outskirts of the waterfalls, picturesque and overwhelming. there is nothing like it. After thinking that how many amazingly hug eand glorous waterfalls can exist in the one place, we reached the mother of all waterfalls! called 'the devil´s throat´. standing at the base of the thunderous waterfall, feeling its tremours below your feet from the platform...wow!! it was meant to be above average water level...i can only have fear of imagining what it would be like in full force with full water!
then the best part came when got in a boat, and road out in front of the devil´s throat. went uder the small side branches of the waterfalls, absolutely soaking drenched! wow!






Argentinian side
having looked at the Devil´s throat from its underbelly, now i had the chance to see it from its mouth. looing straight on into the beast, was not only deafening from the roaring waters, but also dizzy-inducing looking down into the white abyss where the mist of the downrusing spray prevented you from ever really realising where the water really smashed. Admittedly, the argentinian side is nicer, but the Brazilian side shold not be missed. Argentinian side was ore intimate and have come closer and seen more waterfalls in that day that i had seen in my life!



it was just a pity that you couldnt go swimming in any of the waterfalls!







Of course, there was partying! met some cool travellers, got pulled to dance with some of he brazilian Samba dancers...and keeping it up with them! apparently...i can dance for a white boy! hehehe....those lebanese hips dont lie!
and another coinidence (my holidays has been full of them!). i met a pharmacist who worked with me at Westmead hospital in Sydney...she was travelling with boyfriend and just happened to be in Iguazu at the same time! what a small world indeed!


then simply one afternoon, i decided i was leaaving. i got to the airport and got on the first plane out...destination sao Paolo to see some friends!
(need to check back on previous entry of Sao Paolo for details)



Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement

Foz do IguazuFoz do Iguazu
Foz do Iguazu

marvel at god´s amazing creation!
Garganta do DiabloGarganta do Diablo
Garganta do Diablo

meaning the Devil´s throat...the most impressive of the waterfalls
we were driving towards this!!we were driving towards this!!
we were driving towards this!!

and its called the Devil´s throat!
random meeting in Foz de Iguazurandom meeting in Foz de Iguazu
random meeting in Foz de Iguazu

i bump into Claire and her boyfriend Cam in a pool in a hostel in Foz De Iguazu! Claire is a phramacist at my work in Westmead...who just happens to be there at the same moment!!!
anyone feeling like taking a pissanyone feeling like taking a piss
anyone feeling like taking a piss

the questionis where is all thsi water coming from??


10th October 2010
no wonder its one of the 7 natural wonders of the world!

OMG
OMG This is beautiful WOW!!!!! Just Amaizing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love it..... <3
29th October 2010
no wonder its one of the 7 natural wonders of the world!

wow
wow so beautiful
10th November 2010
no wonder its one of the 7 natural wonders of the world!

it's a very beautiful place.i've been there myself and your photograph realy expresses how beautiful it is.
15th November 2010
marvel at the force of nature

marvel at the force of nature
I am verey happy of marel at the force of nature i seen the first time
18th November 2010
no wonder its one of the 7 natural wonders of the world!

wonders of the world
wonders of the world
19th November 2010
yeah...my jaw dropped as well!

wow!!!!!!!!!!!

Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0522s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb