Published: February 21st 2010February 21st 2010
• There are more Ramones t-shirts per capita in this country than anyplace I've been. What's up with that?
• Hostels here are really expensive. I've paid $50 for rooms here that I would be embarrassed to pay $15 for in Central America. You get better value in a Motel 6.
• I've never traveled anywhere in the high season before. If I can avoid it I never will again. It's a drag to have to trawl through 4 hostels dragging your pack around town until you find one that will give you a crappy room for an inflated rate.
• But it is a beautiful country. Waterfalls and incredible cacti and butterflies and ruins and technicolor mountains and big sky and...well, you get the idea.
• Also good wine and great ribs.
• But it's killing our budget, so we've decided to save Patagonia for another trip and head across to Chile and start heading North. Anyways, there are Nazis down there, and who needs that, really?
There are more photos below