An outdoor existance


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Mendoza » Malargüe
February 23rd 2011
Published: March 3rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Whether it is due to Argentina´s sheer size but our guidebook has had a tendancy to direct us to places of interest by taking us to the nearest town as a base. It´s not until you arrive that you find out that what you came to see is a further 200kms from where you are and there is no public transport. In this respect Argentina is definately a country for car owner.

Since we are without a car we gave up on our original plan to see some caves and dinnosaur fossils and opted for two wheels to explore the beautiful landscape in the vicinity of Malargue. After a couple of hours we stumbled across Rio Malargue and the local trout farm. Tom took on the role of hunter and caught us our lunch (the fish were penned into a fairly small area so it was more like winning a gold fish at the fair than course fishing.)

With all these outdoor pursuits we were inspired and thought we would go one further and purchase a tent.

Unfortunately for us since erecting said tent it has not stopped raining. (Before purchasing the tent we had not seen one drop of rain.) Our first night of living in the tent was marked by half hourly shifts of scooping water out of our new living quarters which are not as waterproof as the packaging promised. It certainly brings a whole new meaning to having a water bed.




Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

the observatorythe observatory
the observatory

I didnt fully understand what they do here but apparently Malargue is a good place to count cosmic rays


Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0474s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb