Background: Following independence from Spain in 1816, Argentina experienced periods of internal political conflict between conservatives and liberals and between civilian and military factions. After World War II, a long period of Peronist authoritarian rule and interference in subsequent governments was followed by a military junta that took power in 1976. Democracy returned in 1983, and numerous elections since then have underscored Argentina's progress in democratic consolidation.
Photos from La Pampa
Blogs from La Pampa
Latest Blogs from La Pampa
- December 5th 2012 Day 4: Bug Day
by Words: 364 Photos: 17
- January 31st 2009 Santa Rosa
by Words: 14 Photos: 4
- January 16th 2009 Buenos Aires to Bariloche by Bus
by Words: 566 Photos: 12
- November 7th 2008 Bus Travel at its Best!
by Words: 1051 Photos: 24
- November 3rd 2008 La Estancia Cinacina
by Words: 343 Photos: 12
- February 21st 2008 Verano en Argentina!!!
by Words: 2415 Photos: 37
- July 8th 2006 Ketunlenkin kautta kohti Mendozaan...
by Words: 283 Photos: 5