Matt says farewell to Argentina as we head back to BA


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires
February 25th 2012
Published: April 24th 2012
Edit Blog Post

After a whirlwind two weeks we was back in Buenos Aires sitting in the same café we had sat in two weeks ago, reflecting over what an amazing time we had all just had and thinking how sad it would be to see Matt leave the next morning.

However, we did not want to be to downhearted as we still had a good few hours left of this sunny Saturday afternoon and a whole evening to enjoy with one final steak and bottle(s) of wine. We had decided to take a trip on the very touristy sightseeing bus, thinking this would be the best way to see the rest of the city in just a few hours. Unfortunately this was not possible due to an insane booking system, you could not jump on and off at any stop and buy your ticket direct as the flyer had led us to believe. We still sometimes wonder at how systems work here!! So we chose to instead have one final walk amongst the bustling streets of central BA and take in a few of the sights we could reach on foot that we had not previously seen.

Our last evening was spent in a wonderful restaurant in San Telmo recommended by our hostel. I believe that Matt’s final meal in BA was one of the best he had, so that was a great way to end the trip, and I think the extra wine and after dinner drinks also helped!

So all feeling slightly groggy from a late night and early morning we were in BA airport saying our final farewells to my little bro. It was so amazing that he had taken the time, and spent the money, to travel so far to see us, to be able to have these shared memories and become part of a trip that is so important to us both means so much. It was sad to see him go, we had enjoyed spending so much time with Matt, time I think we had never really spent together before, Matt thanks for making the long trip, we miss you little bro!!

Feeling a little deflated as we left the airport, Matt safely through check in and security, we didn’t feel like doing too much. We took a long walk down by the docks, an area that has been regenerated and is now a collection of fancy restaurants, offices and apartments and then headed to our favourite area, San Telmo, we then paid an extortionate amount of money for one beer (always ask for the price if it’s not on the menu!!) and a less then tasty dinner and headed back to the hostel for a quiet evening and a movie. We had an early start in the morning as we were once again moving on to a new country and making our way to the long ago seen coast…Uruguay…


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



25th April 2012

Matt in BA
So glad you all had a fantastic time it was lovely for you all to be able to send quality time together the blogs amazing as usual I just keep looking forward to the next entry's . Love to you both always miss you so much. Lots of love and hugs Mum Xxxxxx

Tot: 0.227s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 25; qc: 116; dbt: 0.1484s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb