Background: Following independence from Spain in 1816, Argentina experienced periods of internal political conflict between conservatives and liberals and between civilian and military factions. After World War II, a long period of Peronist authoritarian rule and interference in subsequent governments was followed by a military junta that took power in 1976. Democracy returned in 1983, and numerous elections since then have underscored Argentina's progress in democratic consolidation.
Photos from Villa Gesell
Blogs from Villa Gesell
Latest Blogs from Villa Gesell
- January 5th 2010 MAR AZUL & VILLA GESELL--TRIP TO THE BEACH!!
by Words: 1516 Photos: 0
- February 1st 2009 Villa Gesell - slummin´ it
by Words: 357 Photos: 13
- December 29th 2008 From the Andes to the Atlantic ocean
by Words: 814 Photos: 104
- October 29th 2006 Buenos Aires' Interbalnearia
by Words: 409 Photos: 7
- July 28th 2005 Preparativos para China / preparing my self to china
by Words: 90 Photos: 0