On the road again...


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires » Pinamar
January 8th 2007
Published: January 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Yesterday we took a bus to the seaside resort Pinamar, north of Mar de la Plata. We braved it and chose a location that did not feature in our guide as Argentines recommended it - this was not the best idea. We arrived in a luxury bus with loads of other Argentines and and it was really hard to find a place to stay. WE had to walk with the backpack for 2 hours and even the best fitted bag becomes heavy after a while. In the end we took a room for ARS 140 per night and we didn´t really plan to pay EUR 35 for a room. Yes, I know that it is high season and we expected to pay a bit more, but in the end we are budget travellers and the room was not even that nice!Pinamar seems to be a favourite summer resort for Argentines and it is full of apartments to rent and holiday homes. Hence, there are not a lot of travellers or other ´Gringos´. The town itself is nothing special, but there is a nice, long stretch of Atlantic coast. As there is a lot of wind, it doesn´t seem that hot but I still went for a quick swim. In the evening it becomes really chilly due to the wind and we had to wear all our layers. We also took a break from our daily diet of steaks and had cheap and delicious tortillas instead. Tonight will travel to Cordoba as we decided to move on. Already looking forward to the bus journey ( the luxury buses are really cheap and comfortable as the seats are nearly like a bed) and Cordoba.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 17; qc: 63; dbt: 0.058s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb